|Title:||Housekeeping/Environmental Services Assistant - SSC|
|Location:||St. Cloud, Minn.|
|Facility:||Saint Scholastica Convent|
|Shift:||7:30 am - 4pm Monday - Friday, Rotating Weekends|
Are you searching for a work environment where respect, compassion, gratitude, and peace flourish? If so, the Environmental Services Assistant at Sisters of the Order of St. Benedict St. Scholastica Convent, St. Cloud, is the career for you! The Sisters welcome you with warmth, acceptance, and joy. Enrich your life while making the difference in the lives of others!
The Environmental Services Assistant performs housekeeping and laundry duties and is responsible for maintaining a clean, sanitary and comfortable environment for residents, employees, and the public promoting sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors.
Full Time Day shift: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m./ 40 hours per week. One weekend a month
Essential Specific Job Duties
- Stocks Environmental Services cart daily with approved supplies.
- Knows and follows all safety policies and procedures of the organization and complies with requirements of Safety Data Sheets, OSHA, and MN Department of Health.
- Moves furniture as needed to clean floors.
- Dry and wet mops resident rooms and disinfects resident rooms and all bathrooms as scheduled.
- Mops, scrubs, strips and/or re-coats hard floors, vacuums and extracts carpeting and furniture.
- Operates floor cleaning and extraction equipment.
- Prepares beds for residents (i.e. changes sheets and blankets, disinfects bed frames and mattresses and turns mattresses, etc.) and ensures that tables and other equipment around bed have been disinfected appropriately.
- Cleans wall hangings, drapes, light fixtures, lamps, vents, registers, room furniture, doors and ceilings.
- Washes walls, windows and tracks.
- Disinfects humidifiers, fans, mirrors, grab bars, medicine cabinets, sinks, stools, showers, and bathtubs.
- Restocks supplies of toilet paper, paper towels, facial tissue, personal supplies, can liners, lotion, soap and cleaning products as needed.
- Cleans and disinfects refrigerators, sinks, counters, tables and chairs in all areas.
- Empties and disinfects waste containers daily, disposing of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Sweeps sidewalks, cleans the gazebo, and cleans patio furniture.
- Maintains special wood finishes in all areas.
- Collects soiled laundry (general and personal clothing and linen from collection sites) and transports to the laundry room.
- Sorts, pre-spots, loads, washes, unloads, dries items with appropriate dryer temperature per fabric care labels, irons, folds, sorts, stacks, and returns processed laundry to assigned areas.
- Operates and cleans laundry machines and various cleaning equipment following manufacturer directions.
- Periodically checks common areas, resident rooms and bathrooms for spills, water, etc.
- Reports any needed repairs immediately to supervisor.
- Performs all duties according to timelines and prioritizes work accordingly.
- Protects Sister resident information according to policies and procedures and state and federal law.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-services, and other required meetings.
- Serves as a positive role model for the organization by utilizing effective communication and encouraging teamwork through collaborative and cooperative interactions with all employees, departments and administration.
- Follows and supports all policies and procedures as established by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K Match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Click Apply Now!
Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.