|Title:||Cook/Baker - St, Cloud, MN|
|Location:||St. Cloud, Minn.|
|Facility:||Saint Scholastica Convent|
|Shift:||7:00 - 5:30 - 4 10 hour days per week - rotating weekends|
Food Services Cook/Baker/Dining Assistant– St. Scholastica Convent
Are you searching for a work environment where respect, compassion, gratitude, and peace flourish? If so, the Cook/Baker position at St. Scholastica Convent is the career for you. The Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict welcome you with warmth, acceptance, and joy. Enrich your life while making a difference in the lives of others!
Day/PM Shift available – 4 10 hour days per week
Includes working every other weekend and holiday
Shift differential: Weekend: $1.30/hour
Job Summary: The Cook/Baker is responsible for cooking, baking and preparing special diets.
Determines daily workload following menu and Cook/Baker Lead’s instruction.
Essential Specific Job Duties
- Accurately measures ingredients, labels, assembles and finishes all proteins, soups and hot vegetables yielding high quality products.
- Follows daily production guide for special instructions and pulling frozen items.
- Practices good timing to have the foods done at optimal quality.
- Prepares main entree for all meals.
- Prepares vegetables for meals.
- Accurately measures ingredients, labels, assembles recipes for supper salads and starches.
- Rotates fresh vegetables for daily use and uses leftover foods as directed, labels and dates ingredients.
- Further processes foods for modified diets, and places pre-portioned desserts on trays according to diet type.
- Communicates to production staff and dining services if tray service changes.
- Prepares special diets for all meals.
- Accurately measures ingredients, labels, assembles and finishes all breads yielding high quality products.
- Maintains a knowledge of modified diets.
- Assures that individual servings are attractively served.
- Completes in house requisitions accurately with attention to presentation.
- Foods prepared and served are completed in a timely fashion, pleasing to the eye and seasoned well.
- Practices safe food handling techniques. Rotates stock.
- Reports to Food Services Manager issues for recipe yields, quality and miscellaneous observations.
- Assists Dining Assistants
- Delivers and collects food to and from main dining room buffet line.
- Washes pots, pans and utensils. Returns to storage.
- Cleans steam kettle and griddle.
- Completes monthly cleaning duties list.
- Resets tables according to diagram and seating charts and sets up guests tables as needed.
- Operates food temperature maintenance systems.
- Sets foods in buffet line according to procedure.
- Operates dishwasher, loading and unloading and returning dishes to the proper location.
- Follows guidelines for floor care, monthly cleaning and daily cleaning.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with guidelines for safety and sanitation
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, in-services, and other required meetings.
- Serves as a positive role model for the organization by utilizing effective communication and encouraging teamwork through collaborative and cooperative interactions with all employees, departments, and administration.
- Follows and supports all policies and procedures as established by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- 401K Match
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Click Apply Now!
Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.