|Location:||St. Cloud, Minn.|
|Facility:||Saint Scholastica Convent|
Job Summary: A Cook/Baker is a vital part of the caring and dedicated team at St Scholastica Convent. Please join us as we work to support the Sisters of the Order of St Benedict and their mission.
Sign on Bonus: $500.00 for FT Cook/Baker
Day shift: 5:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Includes working every other weekend and every other holiday.
Weekend shift differential $1.30/hour
Essential Specific Job Duties
- Determines daily workload following menu and Cook/Baker Lead’s instruction.
- Accurately measures ingredients, labels, assembles and finishes all proteins, soups and hot vegetables yielding high quality products.
- Follows daily production guide for special instructions and pulling frozen items.
- Practices good timing to have the foods done at optimal quality.
- Prepares main entree for all meals.
- Answers telephone calls and waits on customers at service window.
- Accurately measures ingredients, labels, assembles recipes for supper salads and starches.
- Further processes foods for modified diets, and places pre-portioned desserts on trays according to diet type.
- Communicates to production staff and dining services if tray service changes.
- Prepares and delivers special diets for all meals.
- Communicates with Nursing staff, regarding Sisters’ dietary changes.
- Accurately measures ingredients, labels, assembles and finishes all breads yielding high quality products.
- Accurately measures ingredients, labels, assembles and finishes all desserts yielding high quality products.
- Maintains a knowledge of modified diets.
- Completes in house requisitions accurately with attention to presentation.
- Samples prepared foods for quality and provides suggestions for improvement and new ideas.
- Practices safe food handling techniques. Rotates stock.
- Reports to Food Services Manager issues for recipe yields, quality and miscellaneous observations.
- Lists foods, supplies and other equipment for reorder.
- Completes monthly cleaning duties list.
- Unlocks or secures kitchen and storage areas. Starts or shuts down all equipment according to procedure.
- Follows and supports all policies and procedures as established by the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
Click Apply Now!