Human Resource Specialist
|Title:||Human Resource Specialist|
|Location:||St. Cloud, Minn.|
|Facility:||Saint Scholastica Convent|
|Hours:||32 per week|
Job Summary: Responsible for directing and coordinating the Human REsource functions of recruitment, retention, employee relations, discipline, exit processes, and provides assitance to Workplace Health and Safety.
Essential Managerial Duties
Essential Managerial Duties
- Understands, endorses and supports the Mission and Vlues of the Sisters of the Order of Saint Benedict.
- Understands, endorses, supports and teaches the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Develops, gains approval of and implements goals, objectives and budgets for area of responsibility.
- Provides meaningful input in regards to the policies, operations and direction of the organization.
- Demonstrates leadership by presenting a positive example, establishing high standards,holding people accountable, and maintaining the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- Supports and cooperates with other Departments, Managers, and Administration.
- Works closely with the HR/Policies, Benefits and Training and swerves as a bckup as needed.
- Works with the HR/Director of Policies, Benefits, and Training to maintain a system of record-keeping of all appropriate employee-related information for the entire organization.
- Develops and maintains a strong marketing and recruitment program.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all fair employment laws and regulations.
- Communicates and responds to employee inquiries regarding any employment-related issues.
- Post open positions through appropriate channels.
- Manages and maintains an up-to-date job descriptions and job performance appraisals for all jobs in the organization.
- Implements the Performance Appraisal system through work with the supervisors.
- Develops behavioral patterned interviews for all jobs.
- Assists managers/supervisors in interviewing job candidates and making hiring decisions.
- Conducts all necessary reference and bckground studies.
- Communicates with applicants and extends job offers based on candidate background and current employee pay rates.
- Conducts Human Resources orientation and initial training with new hires and completes employmetn process.
- Arranges for the Tuberculin Skin Test and tracks the results for new and existing employees at SSC as needed.
- Provides assistance to theWorkplace Health and Safety Program at SBM and works withHR/Director of Policies, Benefits and Training to develop a common Workplace Health and Safety Program for SBM and SSC>
- Assists managers and supervisors in determing and initiating all necessary disciplinary actions.
- Conducts termination process and dicument all exit interviews.
- Prepares summary report of all exit interviews and periodically presents report to management.
- Works with the HR/Director of Policies, Benefits and Training to respresent the Sisters of the Order of St. Benedict in hearings, investigations, etc.
- Follows and supports all poliicies and procedures as established by teh Sisters of the ORder of Saint Benedict.
- Works with employee status changes and processes.
- Performs all typing, correspondence, computer work, record-keeping and iling necessary.
- Performs related work as required.